Thursday 27 August 2009

cassette graveyard

I've got 2 drawers full of ancient tapes that I can't bring myself to chuck, despite being that most are 20+ years old, and stored next to a radiator, so have now taken on a charming warbling effect during playback...

I've also got all manner of nice big vintage tape players to listen to them on - the most impressively big being my 16 year old peugeot 106 - but the warbling thing is just plain fucking annoying!
So I just occasionally look at them and mourn all the music of my youth I can't be bothered to replace on mp3, sigh....

Until now!
Ok, so I'm supremely late on spotify - only just discovered it's greatnessssss :0
And I'm now randomly plucking tapes from the drawer and looking them up in a whirlwind frenzy!
... it's gonna take me years to listen to all this shit again...

...but the rush of memories you get is just too good!
First out was Mary J Blige, My Life:


















.... But I now have this on repeat so will blatantly never get round to all the other tapes...

my fave track with a lauren hill remixxxx:



No comments: